My job as your Doula is to support your decisions during your birth with guidance instead of judgment. As your doula I will provide emotional, physical (non-medical) and informational support to you and your partners during labor and birth, as well as the immediate postpartum period. As your doula I will offer an empathetic touch, positioning, emotional support, education and comfort measures that will help you and your family feel nurtured and cared for during this amazing journey.
• Un-medicated birth and Medicated birth
• Teen pregnancy and birth
• Over 35
• Families conceiving with IVF
• High risk pregnancies
• Cesarean birth
• Single parents
• Vaginal Birth After Cesarian (VBAC)
• Home birth
• LGBTQ families
• Anxiety disorders during pregnancy
• Survivors of sexual abuse
• Plus size mothers
Certifications and Training
• Certification – Tiny Love Doula Training
• Trained in – Rebozo Techniques
• Trained in- Spinning Babies Techniques
- Birthing ball
- Patterned Breathing
- Movement and Position Changes
- Hot and Cold Packs
- Touch and Massage
- Chinese Cupping
- Birth Affirmations
What My Birth Doula Package Includes:
•1st meeting is a free consultation either by phone or in person to discuss services and contract
• 2nd meeting (after contracted) is to discuss comfort measures, birth positions, birth plan consultation, resources, feeding options, nutrition, plans after birth etc.
Full access to Phone, text and email support:
• Once contracted you will have access to me via phone, text or email to ask questions, formulate a birth plan, search for references or voice any concerns
24 Hour On Call
• On call 24/7 from two weeks before due date to two weeks after
• Available via email, text, phone for questions/resources
• Call anytime during this period if you believe you are in labor
• Will arrive either at your home or your place of birth once labor has started and you feel my support is needed
Labor and Delivery Support
• Provide continuous support to you and your birthing partner during labor and delivery
• Encourage nutrition and fluids for mother and all present for birth
• Help with relaxation and breathing techniques
• Suggest and help facilitate positions for comfort and relaxation
• Provide constant reassurance to both mother and birth partner
• Encourage families to advocate for their wishes when needed
• Provide information and explanation of birth options
• Help mother and birthing partner feel comfortable in whatever environment they choose to birth
• Remain with mother and birthing partner after birth, if desired
Birth Packages and Payment
• Birth Photography – $300
• Birth Doula Services – $500
• Birth Doula, Birth/Newborn Photography Services – $600
• Birth Doula, Birth/Newborn Photography, two Chinese Cupping Prenatal Sessions, and Postpartum Bengkung Belly Wrapping – $750
• Postpartum Bengkung Belly Wrapping only – $175 (includes your choice of wrap) For non local residents who want to belly bind- I offer my services at a discounted rate of $100. You pick your wrap, I ship it to you, and it includes the shipping, the wrap of your choice, online sessions, and instructional videos on how to wrap, care tips, and Postpartum support.
• Custom Packages Available- contact me, so we can get one set up for you!!!
WHAT IS POSTPARTUM BELLY BINDING?
Bengkung belly binding can be an important part of recovering from childbirth. Using cotton, muslin, or silk fabric your abdomen is wrapped snuggly in order to support your body’s natural healing process. Belly binding has traditionally been used to provide the postpartum body the support to assist the abdominal wall muscle retraction, improves posture, support loosened ligaments and provide support to the torso while vital organs return to their pre-pregnancy size and position. Wrapping can be done over your clothes or under using an under wrap.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF BELLY BINDING?
There are several benefits of postpartum belly binding-
•Helps the body heal faster by assisting the uterus, pelvic organs and all other internal organs return to its pre-pregnancy size as it speeds the process by the constant pressure and tight support.
•Assists the abdominal walls to retract which helps prevent diastasis recti (separation of the abdominal wall)
•Helps shrinks cells by getting rid of excess water retention and fat storage
•Encourages body to expel blood naturally by lessening lochia and its duration
•Helps prevent pubis symphysis diastasis by supporting the pelvic area and pelvic floor
•Helps realign posture to it’s pre-pregnancy state while encouraging good posture
•Helps prevent back pain
•Lessens after birth pains
•Hormones are more easily balanced
•Closes the pelvis and rib cage
•Helps prevent the “empty” feeling after giving birth
Bengkung Belly Binding Main Benefits-
- Repairing the diastasis recti – According to the Mayo Clinic, during pregnancy, the growing uterus stretches the muscles in the abdomen. This can cause the two large parallel bands of muscles that meet in the middle of the abdomen to separate — a condition called diastasis recti or diastasis recti abdominis. The Malaysian technique of Bengkung binding is helpful in bringing those bands of muscles back together in order for the Linea Alba, or connective tissue, to strengthen and support the muscles more effectively.
- Pelvic Support – In addition to supporting the abdominal area, belly binding also provides support for your pelvic area. During childbirth, a woman’s body produces something called Relaxin, which helps her body physically become looser and more flexible in order to birth her baby. When binding postpartum, we take advantage of the Relaxin in the body by putting pressure on the hips and pelvis to go back to its pre pregnancy state more easily. This also helps to firm and support the areas that are still loose from pregnancy as the Relaxin reduces in the body.
- Lower back support – The Bengkung method of binding is also helpful in supporting the lower back. It is well known that the abdominal muscles have a direct relationship to the back muscles. According to www.spine-health.com“…The abdominal muscles and back muscles are key components of [a] muscular network, and provide the strength to keep the body upright and for movement. When these core muscles are in poor condition, additional stress is applied to the spine as it supports the body, and back injury or back pain is more likely”. With the abdominal support, the back is supported as well. Having lower back support helps to reduce strain and improves posture.
- Emotional/Spiritual benefits – Many women enjoy the modesty of being able to breastfeed without the worry of their belly being exposed. Women also enjoy the process of taking care of their bodies and being able to focus on their recovery and the healing process. They are able to really take that time out each day for self-care and get in touch with their new self and their new role as a mother. Many women use binding as a spiritual or symbolic closure of their pregnancy; especially if they didn’t receive the birth they envisioned.
WHY SHOULDN’T I SIMPLY BUY A BELLY BAND FROM THE STORE?
The Bengkung method of belly binding is incredibly adaptable to your specific body type, size, and shape. It uses cotton, muslin, or silk fabric and as your postpartum body changes and shrinks down you can simply rewrap yourself to accommodate your transforming body. Those standard belly bands also do not support your hips and ribs and can bulky and uncomfortable. Belly wraps can be beautiful colors and designs and look gorgeous when worn.
WHEN SHOULD I GET WRAPPED?
It is recommended that for a vaginal delivery, you be wrapped within the first week postpartum and if you have had a cesarean 4-6 weeks postpartum with a doctor’s approval. You will continue to wrap for each day, for about 10 hours, up to around the 40 day mark.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN MY FEE?
- A handmade 100% organic cotton muslin Bengkung wrap.
- Additional wraps are available for purchase in varying designs and colors and for an additional fee.
- 1 binding session is $175 with personal instruction on how to wrap yourself.
- Additional sessions are also available to purchase for $65 each